Garmin® Monterra™ Handheld GPS Unit
- 4" dual orientation, sunlight-readable display
- Electronic compass
- Barometric altimeter
- Android™ OS for apps from Google Play™
- 8 mega-pixel auto-focus camera
- 1080p HD video with automatic geotagging, LED flash/torch
- microSD™ card slot
- High-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver
- 3D MapMerge for multiple maps in 3-D
- Bluetooth® wireless technology
- Size: 2.9" x 5.9" x 1.4"
With custom 3-D mapping you can combine 2 maps, such as TOPO and BirdsEye Satellite imagery, then view both in 3-D. Zoom in, pan out, and rotate the 3-D map using multi-touch.
A built-in 8 MP auto-focus digital camera takes vivid, geotagged photos, and has a 1080p HD video capability with LED flash/torch. Download photos and video to your computer. There's plenty of internal memory plus a microSD card slot.
Other features include a state-of-the art dual battery system. Use the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries. A 4" multi-touch display use external light and sunlight in combination with the LED backlight to increase screen brightness, saving power by not having to turn on the backlight. A built-in 3-axis electronic compass with accelerometer and gyro shows you where you're headed, even when you're standing still or not holding the unit level. A barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your altitude, or plot barometric pressure over time to keep abreast of changing weather conditions. Monterra holds millions of geocaches. There's also a built-in FM radio and NOAA weather radio with SAME alerts. And, BaseCamp software lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes and tracks, displaying topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D. Includes battery pack, USB cable, AC adapter, and anti-glare screen protectors.
Manufacturer model #: 010-01065-03.
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
1) how do I install the sim card?
2) why isn't it recognizing the sim card and what settings do I need to change to have the card read?
Thanks very much.