Garmin® GPSMAP® 78sc Handheld GPS Unit
- Built-in BlueChart® g2 coastal charts and worldwide basemap with imagery
- Built-in 3-axis, tilt-compensated electronic compass
- Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly
- Locates and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover
- Add maps by adding available microSD cards
- Supports geocaching GPX files
- IPX7 waterproof
The Garmin GPSMAP 78sc comes with BlueChart® g2 coastal charts and worldwide basemap with imagery. Map detail includes shorelines, depth contours, navaids, harbors, marinas, and more—for the U.S. and Bahamas.
Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible device users.
With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix™ satellite prediction, GPSMAP 78sc locates your position quickly and precisely, and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. A wide array of detailed marine, topographic, and road maps is available on microSD cards, should you desire. GPSMAP 78sc also supports BirdsEye™ Satellite imagery (subscription required), and is compatible with Custom Maps, free software that transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device. You can even store and analyze your activities with a simple connection to your computer and the internet using Garmin Connect™.
Manufaturer model #: 010-00864-02.