Garmin Delta Sport Dog Trainer
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
The patented and proven Tri-Tronics technology brings the latest in dog training to a hand-held device. Featuring 3 proven and effective methods, tone, momentary and continuous stimulation, built-in bark limiter and vibration. The ergonomic design allows for seamless switching between 3 dogs and training modes. Built to last, the Garmin® Delta Sport Dog Trainer hand-held controller is equipped with long life lithium-ion rechargeable batteries. Maximum range: 3/4 mile.
- Handheld 3-button remote controller
- LCD displays current dog and correction setting
- With additional collars can train up to 3 dogs
- Training modes include vibration, stimulation, (momentary and continuous), or tone
- Effective Dog Training at Your Fingertips
- Durable and Waterproof
Delta Sport is the first electronic dog training system with BarkLimiter™ built right in. BarkLimiter recognizes the difference between wanted and unwanted barks as well as vibration from scratching and scraping or from other dogs’ barks. It virtually eliminates false and over correction. Autorise adjusts the training level up to the optimum level needed to stop unwanted barking. You can also switch to manual mode for more control.
- Delta Sport handheld
- Delta dog device with built-in BarkLimiter
- Black 3/4" collar strap
- Charging clip
- USB cable
- USB split cable
- AC adapter
Rated 3 out of 5 by 4
Rated 1 out of 5 by sav46e 3 Failures in less than a year!
I purchased this item thinking it was going to be Tri-Tronics/Garmin quality--if it actually works, it does its job very well. The first collar wouldn't turn on after about 3 weeks of use, even after fully charging. Luckily, I purchased it at Bass Pro and they were great about exchanging it. The second one I had the same failure after about 3 months of use. Again, Bass Pro came through. This final collar failed in the exact same way. The only problem when it worked was the bark limiter. I was skeptical of the feature as my dog has barked consistently at times with it on. Finally moving on after my third replacement. At one point, I contacted Garmin for the replacement but they expected me to mail the item first AND pay for shipping. Over. It. Not sure what to do now as I have heard that Garmin is making everything for Tri-Tronics so not sure I can trust any of it now. Very disappointing.
June 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by GrouseSlayer Good collar
I don't know about the other guy... I had mine before Sept 15th, 2013 and it works great. I have been using it on my 7 month old Brittany and the vibration is all that she needs when she starts getting too rangy for my liking. I have not had to use the shock and I trained her on all commands before using the collar. The bark collar works great and have started using it on my wife's goldendoodle who is the talker at home. My only gripe is that I would appreciate if BPS would get the compatible beeper for it so I can add it to my collar otherwise Ill spend my money somewhere else.
November 24, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by CharlieDakota Disappointed
First off I was VERY disappointed that Bass Pro shop didn't have this in stock before the upland bird season started.
I am usually a big brand advocate of both Garmin and Tri-Tronics. I have used Tri-Tronics collars on my two hunting dogs for the last 9 years. I have used hand held GPS units from Garmin while scouting and hunting for the past 7 years. So I was very excited that Garmin bought Tri-Tronics and I ordered the Delta Sport package as well as an additional collar for dog #2. I hate to say this but I could not be more disappointed. The quality and weight looked great, it was easy to put everything together, but it simply didn't work. There have been 2 major problems:
1) I ordered the Delta sport version which costs $50 more for the bark limiter function, but the bark limiter function doesn't work at all on either dog. My dogs don't need a high level of correction and I have no idea what the level of correction is on the bark limiter but it is not functioning on either collar.
2) After exactly 3 days of pheasant hunting in South Dakota one of the collars completely quit working. The collars are suppose to go 60 hours of use between charges. I have charge the collars each night and this did not solve the problem of one of the collars completely quitting. I upland bird hunt (pheasants, ruffed grouse) and waterfowl hunt (ducks, geese) an avg of 25 days a year, so I need a reliable gear, and these failed miserably.
Not much else to say, I was really excited to get these and they are junk. I am now forced to try a different brand.
October 29, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by dhein great redesign
Even though I have not yet used it in a hunting situation, I have used it in training situations. My Lab started chasing a cat instead of training, a warning, correction and then an increase in correction got his attention where he then returned to me. So far I am please, a charging of the battery has lasted longer than I expected.
August 4, 2013
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime