GOAL ZERO™ Luna LED Light
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- 1-watt LED with 10 bulbs of light
- Rated for 20,000 hours of use
- Can be powered from Goal Zero power packs or any USB
- 9" Snake-like bendable coerd lets you secure the Luna around objects
Light up the night with Goal Zero's Luna Light! To power-up the Luna Light, just plug it into any USB port and use the ten LED bulbs to light whatever you want. Plug the Luna Light into your laptop and light up your keyboard, or use it with a Goal Zero battery pack (sold separately) to read at night. A 9" bendable cord lets you position the Luna Light at any angle. The light's low power draw makes it a long-lasting solution for any dark situation.
Manufacturer model #: 14101.
Rated 4 out of 5 by 54
Rated 4 out of 5 by ChuckDavis Great little light
It is good for typing in the dark when using my Chromebook or laptop. Uses little power. I have use it with a USB portable battery as a emergency light. I pluged 2 of the Luna LED lights in the battery and it lit up the whole room fairly well lasting more than 3 days at 3hrs a day usage.
May 13, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by T3chnomanc3r Ample light, stingy on length, stealth variations
I've had 2 of these for well over a year now with this list of caveats:
1. stealth variation w/ no package labeling advising which version contained. USB plug flipped 180deg, result is when bending into needed "U" from USB port to aim light at keyboard, one model naturally points down the other points up & resists rotation by not staying where put. Since package not labeled, unknown what the plug orientation is until opening & using. 2 Variations was the explanation for customer support but I'm guessing truth is more insidious: consistency of plug rotation relative to where the light strip points is probably not even attempted during manufacturing!
2. Gooseneck simply not long enough for bending back over keyboard. In fact I don't think it's long enough for GZ's own illustrated example of wrapping the gooseneck around an object! I know about voltage drop concerns but you couldn't add a few more inches???
3. FOV - Despite narrow light cone for LED's the packaging leaks side light "hot spots" seen on computer screen AND in your field of view (that's nearly 90deg!).
4. Bright, and with no control over output, too bright for many (computer) situations. Slide over or rotating "gel" color filter, AND/OR "brightness" switch would go along way! I'm using colored cellophane but it's not durable.
5. HEAT! Simply put the all plastic housing is terrible at shedding heat and also likely means less sturdy construction overall though I have not yet broken mine nor have they melted down (yet).
Overall for the price (~$10US) these DO NOT live up to that standard despite putting out ample light. For a company blowing their own horn so loud I'd expect better than what a random generic China product importer would offer. Just looked again at these now that Cost Co has big display, same old same old.
May 2, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by RSAIan Usefull and practical great little gadget
Bought this unit last week, connected it to my laptop usb port and within an hour , it burnt out.Took it back and got a replacement unit.Now under test and i feel it gets a little hot at the back of the LED's.I think its a great idea, but the designers must redesign it, only to make it more rugged and extending the goose neck by 2 or 3 inches.I find it too delicate and one must take care of using it for it will break easily.
April 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DKent Great Light
This light is a very good light to light up a laptop keyboard and also, when pared with a Guide 10 Plus power pack, it makes an excellent reading light.
April 7, 2014
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime