ForEverlast 50 lb. Tail Gate Feeder
NEED TO KNOW...
OK, So I bought this feeder for my Arctic Cat Prowler 650. Pictures and everything show how easy it is to install, etc. Here is the true info on this unit.
1. Hopper Unit itself came out of the box with rivets broken.
2. Lid latch system needs work right out of the box to avoid unlatching. What a pain.
3. Comes with 2 sets or disassembled "L" brackets Now, there is no place to actually attach these brackets on the hopper unit. No holes etc. punch outs which don't fit the bolts or screws. I assume I have to find new hardware to mount or drill holes in unit. Also rivets in the way for the L Brackets.
4. Instructions are on a 1/2 sheet of paper and they basically say, "Put L Brackets on" "Wire to Battery". No help at all.
5. You assume it comes with the parts to attach to hitch. NOPE. I'll have to say though that if you read carefully, it's a "Tail Gate" feeder which is exactly right. It hangs over the raised tail gate. for $49 extra you can mount it to the hitch.
6. Called and left message for manufacturer at 4pm Thursday TX time and no call back. Emailed manufacturer. No email back yet. Still waiting.
All in all I'm not happy and I'm going to return it. It's relatively inexpensive and I guess you get what you pay for. I'm surprised on their website they don't have any video's showing how to assemble this since the instructions are horrible. Nothing on YouTube. Nothing. It's free guys. Put up a cell phone video so people know how you want it put together.
September 5, 2014
I'm writing this as a warning to others. I bought this company's feeder and after 1 use it broke and had all kinds of issues. I contacted them after the 3rd attempt and all I got was a nasty email in return.
Quality is bad, customer service is bad, and at the end of the day it seems that they just don't care. Buy a a cheaper, better feeder!
September 1, 2014
This feeder has several problems:
1) The screws that hold the side of the feeder together are UNDER where you are supposed to mount the hanging bracket, so when you bolt this on, the hanger is canted due to one side riding up on the screws
2) The screwheads on the backside of the unit will scratch the tailgate since there is lots of weight on them and that weight is against the rear of the tailgate. I had to put a feedsack between the feeder and the tailgate to protect it.
3) the rear channel the corn gets thrown out of is too narrow, so it puts the corn out in too narrow of a line (aprox 2 ft wide). Would be better if it slung it wider
April 7, 2014
Not well made!!
Right out of the box there were broken rivets on the lid. You would think that manufacturing would have made these more durable. It feels like its going to fall apart just picking it up. I ended up knocking the rivets out and using machine screws with locktight to keep it from falling apart. fyi if you are going to use this for a UTV you better know a welder! I had to have an hitch extension built to get the feeder past the end of my bed on the utv in order for it to be functional. In the end it work well but be prepared to modify/repair to make it functional for your use
April 23, 2011