Tibor Everglades Fly Reel or Spare Spool
The Tibor Everglades Fly Reel is a high-performing, corrosion resistant reel fly fishing enthusiasts can count on for both saltwater and freshwater use. Introduced by world-renowned fly reel engineer, Ted Juracsik, the legendary Everglades Reel is the only reel you need for chasing Steelhead, Salmon, Bonefish, Permit, Dorado or Bluefish with a fly rod. Transformed from solid aluminum bar stock into a high-performing, saltwater reel right here in the USA, the Everglades is designed with a hard coated, aluminum main gear for minimal heat buildup and great strength while both the main gear and spool rotate flawlessly on three sealed precision, stainless steel ball bearings.
The concept behind this entire reel is less is more, and this is very evident in the Everglades’ absolutely flawless impregnated cork disc drag system which is the smoothest, strongest and most reliable system ever developed. It has a wide range of adjustment, an excellent detent system to keep the adjustment knob from turning too easily and enough power to stop a runaway truck. Weighing in at a mere 8.5 oz and offering a tremendous line capacity of 200 yards, the Everglades medium arbor design significantly enhances the rate of line retrieval which is critical when you’re trying to control defiant sport fish. Made in USA.
- Large outer and hub diameters offer quick retrieve, even when backing is low
- Hard coated, aluminum main gear for minimal heat build-up and great strength
- The main gear and spool rotate flawlessly on three precision, stainless steel ball bearings
- Impregnated cork disc drag is ultra-smooth and incredibly strong
- Open hubbed, perforated spool and drum keep the reel cool during scorching runs
- Dented drag adjustment is smooth and positive
- Balanced reel stand incorporates a hook keeper and spare clutch dog springs
- Easily converted from right hand to left hand retrieve
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection
- Includes an extra thick neoprene reel case for storage and transport
- Weight: 8.5 oz
- Frame Size: 3-3/4” x 1-3/8”
- Capacity: 200 yards 20 lb micron WF8F
- Suitable rod weights: 7 weight thru 9 weight
- Suitable spey rod weights 5 and 6: Capacities vary by spey line type
- Species: Steelhead, Salmon, Bonefish, Permit, Dorado or Bluefish
For additional specifications on the Everglades Fly Reel, and to discover everything it has to offer.
If you are unable to view the Compatibility chart document, you may need this free Adobe® Reader® software.