D.O.A. Shrimp Lures
A consistent drop rate, realistic swimming action, and downward-facing vibration legs make D.O.A.® Shrimp Lures easily capable of outfishing the real thing. These lures are made of soft plastic and impregnated with farm-grown shrimp to resemble the taste and feel of real shrimp. Excellent for almost every saltwater species, including snook, redfish, flounder, tarpon, ladyfish, jacks, and sheepshead. D.O.A. Shrimp have also proven effective on freshwater trout and bass. Use a slow retrieve for best results.
- Capable of outfishing live shrimp
- Excellent for almost every saltwater species
- Consistent drop rate and realistic swimming action
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
1) this is extremely durable, tough plastic and setting a hook through it, into a fishes mouth, and reaching the outside of the fish's jaw will be very difficult. I have tried...
2) Once you remove the pre-rigged barbed hook it will never go back quite the same. I have had the hook slide out during normal usage and super glue will work for a short time but it will slip out again.
My suggestion, for what it is worth, is to use a larger sized Gulp shrimp. I have used them with a small (worm type) slip sinker. I like a 1/8 or 1/16 ounce tungsten weight for the flats. I have also done well going wihtout a weight using a Gamakatsu "braid" texas rig hook with great success.
I hope this helps
In clear water try for a very neutral pattern, like rootbeer.
In stained water or in low light I use a color that offers more contrast. Some people swear by the DOAs with chartreuse tails. I like a lighter color with either silver or gold glitter.
In my opinion a natural pattern is always a safer bet when you are unsure what to select.
Good luck and try to work them pretty slow.
Everything hits it look at the photo even a tiny puffer wanted a bite
I fished this bait on the Texas coast almost every day for 9 mos... Hail to the King
There's only one way to fish DOA Shrimp.
Cast out far as possible real in slow.. Ridiculously SLOW!
DOA has engineered these baits with an internal weight to keep the shrimp upright when it hit's the water, if you buy another brand shrimp well Don't do that! OK