Cold Steel Recon 1 Tanto Knife
Cold Steel is famous for raising the bar in the knife industry and our Cold Steel Recon 1 Tanto Knife tactical folder sets a standard that's hard to beat. Why? Because they are as tough as nails and will cut like a chain saw. Every facet of its construction has been over engineered to make it as strong, durable and effective as humanly possible. The 4'' blade is constructed of imported Japanese AUS 8A stainless steel that's been vacuum heat treated and sub-zero quenched. The handle features G-10 laminate scales artfully contoured and scalloped for a terrific non slip grip. Plus, they are held together by the latest in high strength mechanical fasteners and further anchored by a 6061 heat-treated spacer. To complement the super tough blade and handle, the Recon 1 is equipped with our revolutionary Tri-Ad lock, which practically precludes lock failure.Each blade a tough, black, Tuff-Ex finish. Our testing has shown this coating offers three major advantages for tactical blades. First, it helps the blade to resist rust. Second, it eliminates glare and light reflections, which may give its user away. And third, it's a superior lubricant, which causes the blade to slip through even tough material with markedly less friction. This means you can cut deeper and far longer than with a non-Tuff-Ex coated blade. We have equipped each knife with a thumb stud and a small, extra strong pocket clip to make the Recon 1 as easy to open and carry as possible. The clip is suitable for both left- and right-handed users. Blade length: 4''. Overall length: 9-3/8''. Weight: 5.3 oz.
- Tactical knife engineered to be as strong, durable and effective as humanly possible
- Constructed of heat-treated Japanese AUS 8A stainless steel
- Black, Tuff-Ex finish resists rust, eliminates glare and acts as a lubricant when cutting
- 5-3/8'' G-10 handle with ergonomic, non-slip grip
- Dependable Tri-Ad blade locking system
- Ambidextrous clip is and thumb studs are suitable for left- and right-handed users