Browning® Fishing Six Rivers Salmon/Steelhead Trigger Rods
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
For generations, Browning has led the way to great days in the field. From fine hunting firearms and accessories to fishing rods and reels, the spirit of innovation brings fresh opportunities for sportsmen to enjoy the Great Outdoors. Both Browning and Bass Pro Shops are committed to ensuring quality experiences for all outdoorsmen with well-designed, well-made products that perform under the toughest field conditions.
Because salmon and steelheading techniques have evolved beyond the traditional drift methods employed in the Pacific Northwest, the Six Rivers series continues to grow. All Six Rivers rods are built on sensitive 36 million psi graphite matrix blanks and feature Fuji® aluminum oxide guides and Fuji graphite reel seats. Grips are premium Portuguese cork.
Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 6
Rated 3 out of 5 by topwaterjoe It gets the job done.
Bought the MH version, paired with an AG C4 5600 which came with the rod as a combo deal. Strung it with 15lb Big Game and chucked hardware just off shore for staging Lake Ontario chinooks.
- It's all backbone. The big kings put a bend in this rod, but it can handle them.
- Very nice corked handle in shape, length and feel
- Not too heavy given the power and size.
- Looks sexy
- 8'6" rod and only SIX guides + tip. That is about two guides short of what I would expect out of a rod in this price range. I have noticed all Browning rods skimp out on the guides for whatever reason. A quality rod should have at least one guide/foot + tip
- The rod pieces do not fit together as tight as they ought to. They fit, but they should be tighter IMO.
- The rod tip is very stiff. Granted, this rod is rated for heavy lure weights only, but it feels almost too rigid when casting.
Bottom line: A decent rod for seasonal fishing, but I expected a tad more for the price paid.
November 16, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by M109Rider Nice Rod
I bought this rod with a Abu Garcia C4 reel.
I have nothing to complain about, very smooth setup.
Cast very easy!!
April 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by AlleghenyHighlander Unique Qualities
I bought the medium action after searching the store's inventory for an extra-long rod rated for 1/4-5/8 oz lures. In practice this rod leans toward a MH action; I use it with cranks and spinnerbaits up to 1oz when fishing for pike. I am confident I could land a 50lb fish with this rod, yet it can still cast a 1/4 oz lure just fine. I would not recommend the MH version unless monster salmon or strippers etc are the norm for you.
October 5, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by JustToFun Awsome rod!!
I have flown with this rod for two years now and have fished from Wyoming to Mexico with this rod and love it!!! The versatility and sensitivity is great for its price!! I fish 12 to 20 lb test and love the adaptability and durability. I have bagged 10lb bass on Falcon Lake TX and 10lb browns in Wyoming with this rod. It’s one of my top three that I choose when I fly for a fishing trip.
March 6, 2012
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime