Bass Pro Shops® Cast Iron Fish Fryer
- Convenience of a portable propane fryer with the performance of cast iron cooking
- Heavy duty—18'' steel stand with powerful 58,000 BTU cast iron burner
- Base includes adjustable safety brackets to keep pot in place
- 6.5 quart cast iron Dutch oven pot&—better heat distribution and easier oil temperature regulation
- Aluminum strainer basket with cool touch plastic-coated handle
- Also comes with a CSA-approved regulator and hose and a 5'' deep-fry thermometer
Manufacturer model #: TF4002-014505.
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Apply a thin, even coating of MELTED solid vegetable shortening (or cooking oil of your choice) to the cookware (inside and out).
Place aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven to catch any dripping.
Set oven temperature to 350 – 400 degrees F.
Place cookware upside down on the top rack of the oven.
Bake the cookware for at least one hour. After the hour, turn the oven off and let the cookware cool in the oven.
Store the cookware uncovered, in a dry place when cooled.
6.5 quart cast iron Dutch oven pot—better heat distribution and easier oil temperature regulation
•Aluminum strainer basket with cool touch plastic-coated handle
•Also comes with a CSA-approved regulator and hose and a 5'' deep-fry thermometer
“It can be used for just about any kind of food they can cook in a Dutch oven. In essence, that is what you have, a Dutch oven and a fish fryer base. It has a world of more uses than just frying wings, fish, and side dishes like onion rings and fries. It works great for stews and soups. The big advantage to cast iron is it spreads the heat more evenly than aluminum or stainless steel. You can actually bake in it by putting it on coals from a fire and putting some coals on top.”