Bass Pro Shops AcuRite 5-in-1 Weather Center With Color Display - Model 01602BPDI
The Bass Pro Shops® AcuRite® 5-in-1 Weather Center With Color Display features an illuminated color display with an always-on backlight and dimmer control. Features indoor/outdoor temperature with trend arrows, “feels like” temperature, and stored historical data; indoor/outdoor humidity with heat index, dew point, and stored historical data; and barometric pressure with stored historical date. This AcuRite weather station has a 12-24 hour future forecast with icons for 14 different weather conditions. Displays wind direction, speed (current, gust and average), and chill; direction shown with compass and arrow. The self-emptying rain gauge has a “big mouth” collector. Temperature Range – Main Unit: 32ºF to 122ºF. Outdoor Sensor: -40ºF to 158ºF. Humidity Range – Main Unit: 16% to 98%. Outdoor Sensor: 1% to 99%. Wind Range: 0 to 99 MPH. Rainfall: 0 to 99.99". Dimensions - Main Unit: 8.2"H x 7.4"W x 1.2"D. Outdoor Sensor: 10.8"H x 5.6"W x 13.75"D. Requires AC adapter (included) and 7 AA batteries (not included).
Manufacturer model #: 01602BPDI.
- Illuminated color display
- Backlight always stays on
- Indoor/outdoor temperature with trend arrows and "feels like" temperature
- Indoor/outdoor humidity with heat index and dew point
- Barometric pressure
- 12-24 hour future forecast
- Patented, self-calibrating for altitude
- Stored historical data
- Icons for 14 different weather conditions
- Wind direction, speed, and chill
- Self-emptying rain gauge
- Stronger signal (enhanced 433 MHz) works through walls and from long distances
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Will I get a strong reliable signal to the indoor unit?
We recommend using a Lithium battery in the outdoor unit when temperatures get into the single digits. In the main display, we recommend a standard alkaline such as Duracell or Rayovac. Store brand or heavy duty (Ultra, Max, Super etc.) may over power the units and cause irregularities.
If you are speaking of the outdoor sensor, the solar panel powers only the aspirating fan while the unit is in direct sunlight. Battery power is required for all other features to work.
The batteries in most of our weather stations including should last a minimum of 8 months but it is not uncommon for them to last over a year.
We actually do not recommend rechargeable batteries, as they do not offer the proper voltage that the unit requires. Generally, a rechargeable battery is around 1.2volts when fully charged. These units require 1.5volt batteries.
I am wondering what item is powered by the AC cord mentioned in the description.
1. Is it the anemometer sending unit or the display panel?
2. Is the AC cord required to function or is it optional?
3. Is the display panel wall mountable?
Thanks for your time and efforts responding to this issue.
3. Mine is.
Display Unit Placement
Place the display unit in a dry area free of dirt and dust. To ensure accurate temperature measurement, place out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources or vents. Display unit stands upright for tabletop use or is wall-mountable.
ºC and KMh.
2) The unit can run on 7 AA batteries, the AC adaptor provides a stronger source of a power source to help illuminate the color screen, but the unit can be ran without it. also use standard alkaline batteries for the display unit will continued to run with a power outage. No re-chargeable batteries.
Direction:36 sec update
It is all I need.