Ascend® KPA Kayak Paddle
- Lightweight, performance, three position takedown kayak paddle
- Reinforced Lexan, push button takedown ferrule
- Specialized grooves in ferrule prevent sand and debris build-up for tight, trouble-free fit
- Three position - inline or feathered at 60 degrees - lower wind resistance and easier control
- Black anodized aluminum shafts with vinyl shrink grip for comfort
- Ovalized grip area for sure handling
- High-impact asymmetrical plastic blades
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
This is pretty much the basic method:
Stand next to the paddle; reach one arm up over your head and try curl your fingertips over the end of the paddle's blade. If you can't reach the top of the paddle, the paddle's too long. If you can reach your entire hand over it, then it's too short. But if you can just curl your fingertips over the top of the paddle, the length is good for you.
Also, depending on your paddling style and how wide your kayak is, you may eventually go slightly shorter or longer as you gain experience.