Aquamira® Frontier™ Emergency Water Filter System
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- Filters 30 gallons removing over 99.9% of Giardia, Crypto and more
- Easy to pack, easy to use portable water filter
- Simply slip filter into water, drink through straw
- Easily slips into a day pack, shirt pocket or travel luggage
- Activated charcoal also reduces waterborne chemicals
- Miraguard antimicrobial technology in filter
Easy to pack in a backpack or a shirt pocket, the Frontier Emergency Water Filter System from Aquamira lets you drink safely directly from any water source. Easy to use and always ready, the Frontier filter utilizes ''tortuous path'' filtration for more effective filtering than standard thin-walled fiber filters. Using activated charcoal, this filter moves water through tiny intricate pathways to trap 99.9% of harmful Cryptosporidium, Giardia, waterborne insect larvae, bacteria such as E. Coli, and other pathogens. This activated charcoal also reduces waterborne chemicals and improves water taste. Miraguard antimicrobial technology resists bacteria, algae, and other microbial growth in the filter.
Manufacturer model #: 42100.
Rated 1.5 out of 5 by 2
Rated 2 out of 5 by norincosks key word = emergency
+ size and weight
+ I didn't get sick after drinking from streams with it... works as advertised.
- Exceptionally fragile. Mine did not survive a short backpacking trip. Drop it and the filter element will crack in half.
- Suction effort required to drink through it is excessive. Takes quite a bit of effort to get just a couple mouth-fulls of water.
Price point is reasonable enough and its size/weight small enough to keep a couple around for options in a true emergency, or as a backup for your backpack filter, but that's about it.
August 2, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by tke798 Aquamira® Frontier™ Emergency Water Filter System
I guess this product does what it says, but I will never know because it broke within 10 min of its arrival. I dropped it from maybe 3 feet on accident, and sure enough the carbon filter broke in half becoming totally useless.
February 5, 2013
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime