Anchor Lift Ring
One of the easiest and safest ways to raise your anchor. Simply snap the ring onto the anchor line when ready and then motor around the anchor location. The rings slide down the anchor line and the buoy floats the anchor to the surface. Best for anchor lines that include at least 6' of chain. Ring and hardware are made of super-strong stainless steel. Standard buoy provides a full 38-lbs of flotation when inflated.
- Safely and easily raise your anchor
- Best for anchor lines that include at least 6' of chain
- Super strong stainless steel ring and hardware
Get help about this item from fellow customers.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
I put my engines in reverse swinging the bow to starboard a few degrees then quickly I put the boat in forward & run that direction I swung the boat into
you'll soon see the buoy on your port stern and you continue to go forward until the buoy slides down the line until you either see the anchor and buoy together, or like me can guesstimate what you let out as scope and your depth. then swing your boat towards the buoy I usually go with the wind, so the boat is being blown to the buoy as I am pulling in the line, there is no tension at all. Please note you don't go full bore in preforming this. about 1/4 throttle and a bit a practice and you'll have it down. Piece a cake.
2. Toss the buoy into the water, allowing the ring to slide down the line. Motor your boat forward at a 30º angle off of your anchor point taking are to keep the anchor line clear of the prop. Proceed forward – at roughly 5 knots – until the anchor is released from the bottom, then increase speed slight – 6 to 8 knots. Do not continue forward if the anchor does not break free.
3. The anchor line will slide through the Anchor Ring as the buoy floats the
anchor to the surface. Once the anchor has reached the surface, shift into neutral and pull in the slack anchor line and anchor
Video and Instructions found on: http://www.ironwoodpacific.com/store/p/486-Anchor-Ring-Stainless-Anchor-Retriever-by-Ironwood-Pacific.aspx