Abu Garcia® Revo® MGX Baitcast Reels
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- Nine stainless steel HPcacCR™ bearings + one roller bearing provide increased corrosion protection
- One-piece X-Mag™ alloy frame for a super-light yet extremely strong frame
- Infini II™ spool design for extended castability and extreme loads
- C6 carbon sideplates provide significant weight reduction without sacrificing strength and durability
- Carbon Matrix Drag™ system means smooth, consistent drag pressure across the entire drag range
- Aircraft grade aluminum main gear for weight reduction without sacrificing durability
- IVCB-IV™ Infinitely variable centrifugal brake gives very precise brake adjustments, allowing anglers to easily cast a wide variety of baits
- Compact bent carbon handle for a more ergonomic design that is extremely lightweight
- Flat EVA knobs offer greater comfort and durability
- Ti coated line guide reduces friction and improves durability
- Recessed reel foot allows for a more ergonomic reel design
The next generation of Revo reels includes the Revo MGX from Abu Garcia. This ultra-lightweight, low-profile reel combines an enhanced compact design with Abu Garcia’s ground-breaking X-Mag alloy frame and C6 carbon sideplates. In addition to its lightweight design, the Revo MGX features a unique Infinitely Variable Centrifugal Brake (IVCB-IV) that raises the standard for cast control in all other reels. A compact bent carbon handle provides a more ergonomic design that is extremely lightweight. Its lightweight frame provides exceptional corrosion resistance and rigidity for excellent gear alignment. C6 carbon sideplates afford 54% in weight reduction over aluminum without sacrificing strength or durability.
Rated 4.9 out of 5 by 60
Rated 5 out of 5 by Worm Great Reel
I won this reel last year. I was concerned with it since I never used a bait caster before. Well it is very easy to use, I can't believe how nice it feels casting and reeling in. Very Smooth. I caught a couple 18" large mouth bass and this reel handled them with no problems. I would highly recommend this reel to anyone. Top Quality reel.
May 8, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nosaj LOVE IT!
the MGX is by far the best reel ive ever fished! i Picked one up about a month and its amazing. It out casts reels twice its price, its smooth, fits in your hand like it was molded for you personally. Yes it does come loaded with grease but they all do just for protection during shipping/retail. I love the quick oil access panel. The MGX only has 12 lbs of drag but its great for most applications but I still turn to my Premier for heavy cover. I did have it paired up with a Villain but unfortunatly it snapped just below the wrap of the top eye. its now on my 7' med. Veritas with the micro guides and i love it! you can cast all day and have little to no arm/wrist fatigue, its so light and well balanced you can barely tell your holding it!!! If you have been thinking about it, go for it... you wont be dissapointed. my personal opinion however it go with the Veritas, the Villain is a light sensitive rod but the Veritas has more backbone and the micro guides are great.
May 4, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by JTowers WORTH EVERY PENNY!
This reel is amazing. Yes the drag is lighter then the Revo Premier but so is the reel. I have both the Premier and MGX and the MGX is the superior reel in all departments except drag. Its so light, casts a mile, smooth and fits perfectly in your hand. I have tried this reel with the Veritas and Villain and pairs up nicely with both but if you have the extra cash, go with the villain... this reel is worth double what it sells for. Because of the drag i avoid extreme heavy cover and turn to my Premier but as light as it is, it takes a little getting used to after using the MGX. THE MGX & VILLAIN IS MY NEW GO TO COMBO! little to no adjustment between lures and it WONT backlash even casting into heavy wind. I LOVE IT, WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST REEL IVE EVER USED. KEEP IT COMING ABU!!!
April 25, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by benny1944 Not impressed - yet.
I bought this reel along with a G Loomis GL 3, 7' trigger rod. Combo is light, but I am not getting the best results yet. I have found the reel to be extremely difficult to adjust to weight of lures and have a lot of over runs. I have some success so I am confident I will find the secret. Hopefully so due to the cost of the reel. Pole doesn't feel much different or act much different than some rod that cost considerably less.
April 25, 2012
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime