Abu Garcia® Revo® MGX Baitcast Reels
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- Nine stainless steel HPcacCR™ bearings + one roller bearing provide increased corrosion protection
- One-piece X-Mag™ alloy frame for a super-light yet extremely strong frame
- Infini II™ spool design for extended castability and extreme loads
- C6 carbon sideplates provide significant weight reduction without sacrificing strength and durability
- Carbon Matrix Drag™ system means smooth, consistent drag pressure across the entire drag range
- Aircraft grade aluminum main gear for weight reduction without sacrificing durability
- IVCB-IV™ Infinitely variable centrifugal brake gives very precise brake adjustments, allowing anglers to easily cast a wide variety of baits
- Compact bent carbon handle for a more ergonomic design that is extremely lightweight
- Flat EVA knobs offer greater comfort and durability
- Ti coated line guide reduces friction and improves durability
- Recessed reel foot allows for a more ergonomic reel design
The next generation of Revo reels includes the Revo MGX from Abu Garcia. This ultra-lightweight, low-profile reel combines an enhanced compact design with Abu Garcia’s ground-breaking X-Mag alloy frame and C6 carbon sideplates. In addition to its lightweight design, the Revo MGX features a unique Infinitely Variable Centrifugal Brake (IVCB-IV) that raises the standard for cast control in all other reels. A compact bent carbon handle provides a more ergonomic design that is extremely lightweight. Its lightweight frame provides exceptional corrosion resistance and rigidity for excellent gear alignment. C6 carbon sideplates afford 54% in weight reduction over aluminum without sacrificing strength or durability.
Rated 4.9 out of 5 by 60
Rated 5 out of 5 by WhtMntAngler Dominate!
Wow! This baitcaster rules! The Shimano Core and the Daiwa Steez are both excellent reels but guess what? The Revo MGX is even better! It's a little lighter for one at 5.4 oz versus Steez 5.6 and Core 6.1 but what gives the MGX the edge is the braking system which is called the IVCB (Infinitely Variable Centrifugal Braking) with this type of braking this reel can cast any size lure or any pound test line! Yep it's true I was casting a 1/12 oz kasmaster with seaguar red label fluorocarbon 4lbs. line around 120ft. and with NO BACKLASHES!! Something the Core and the Steez cant do I know because I tried! The Revo MGX is a fantastic reel! I would strongly consider it if your in the market looking for a top notch baitcaster..
August 19, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by padleboatfisherman good reel but the core is better
Overspooling on cast!!!I tried this. Oil the reel and strip about 25yds of line off the the reel once you think it's full. This is what i did to fix the overspool problem. I have a Core and I about returned the MGX for another Core, but it works ok now.
August 7, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5
by JockeyFrankie Best
Love this reel i do a lot of wacky worm fishing doesn't matter what size of worm your using it just cruises also when you throw it you don't have to put a lot of effort for it to go far BEST REEL EVER!!!
August 5, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5
by eboli Excellent Reel
MGX is light and responsive. Not made for a rookie. Cast control and breaks are key to usage to everyone who cannot thumb a bait caster. Paired the reel with a abu villain. Could not be happier with the combo. Together they weigh under a pound.
July 29, 2012
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime