Abu Garcia® Revo® MGX Baitcast Reels
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:
- Nine stainless steel HPcacCR™ bearings + one roller bearing provide increased corrosion protection
- One-piece X-Mag™ alloy frame for a super-light yet extremely strong frame
- Infini II™ spool design for extended castability and extreme loads
- C6 carbon sideplates provide significant weight reduction without sacrificing strength and durability
- Carbon Matrix Drag™ system means smooth, consistent drag pressure across the entire drag range
- Aircraft grade aluminum main gear for weight reduction without sacrificing durability
- IVCB-IV™ Infinitely variable centrifugal brake gives very precise brake adjustments, allowing anglers to easily cast a wide variety of baits
- Compact bent carbon handle for a more ergonomic design that is extremely lightweight
- Flat EVA knobs offer greater comfort and durability
- Ti coated line guide reduces friction and improves durability
- Recessed reel foot allows for a more ergonomic reel design
The next generation of Revo reels includes the Revo MGX from Abu Garcia. This ultra-lightweight, low-profile reel combines an enhanced compact design with Abu Garcia’s ground-breaking X-Mag alloy frame and C6 carbon sideplates. In addition to its lightweight design, the Revo MGX features a unique Infinitely Variable Centrifugal Brake (IVCB-IV) that raises the standard for cast control in all other reels. A compact bent carbon handle provides a more ergonomic design that is extremely lightweight. Its lightweight frame provides exceptional corrosion resistance and rigidity for excellent gear alignment. C6 carbon sideplates afford 54% in weight reduction over aluminum without sacrificing strength or durability.
Rated 4.9 out of 5 by 61
Rated 5 out of 5 Awesome
Awesome... Is the only word needed to describe the flawless performance and ergonomics of this state of the art reel. Job well done on this one guys!
September 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Indy Mac Fishing with Air
First, I am an avid Abu fan as I own so many. (1) 5500 C, (2) 5000, (2) 4600, (1) 6600. I fish two to three times a week usually 9 months out of the year.
I just purchased the MGX early this August and just two weeks ago made a trip to MN for a week long fishing trip to try my MGX for the first time.
At first MGX seemed a bit noisy at first, then with more casting began to quiet down with use. Maybe the over oiling or breaking in like on pistols. :o)
Light weight, smooth as silk, and handled the Bass and Northern Pike with ease. Drag was sufficient. Didn't tire me like the 5000's but that's the idea. It's coupled with the Veritas rod. Overall I am well please. Longevity as the round reels is yet to be seen. :o)
Getting ready to get the newly released Revo S to match my other Veritas rod and I will put it through the test along with my continued use of the MGX. Running out of room in my Bass Boat. So yea....... Great reel. ~ Indy Mac
September 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by amstaffs Don't know what your missing!
I have been using this reel for a few weeks now and it has surpassed all my expectations.. I have it in the 7.9:1 version and i am heading to Dallas in the morning to add a 7.1:1 to my collection. I fish daily for a total of 35+ hours a week i have put this reel though it's paces and it has never once left me thinking about another reel, I take several friends out fishing and they all love the reel i have it on a 7' medium extra fast Verdict rod. the rod and reel weigh less that a pound and 20+ yard casts are a breeze even in a head wind when other reels will nest up.. It may take a few casts to dial it in but once you get the feel for the reel it will be a breeze!
August 31, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lacamouff Best reel on earth
Since i bought the MGX 7.9:1, im using it on my flipping/light pitching stick. And i saw the diffence. When i set the hook under heavy cover and there is a big Bass under it, i have all my confidence on that reel. No other reel are lightner and stronger then that.. I highly recommend that reel for every fishermen. Because they are build for extreme fishermen...
August 20, 2012
Need Help? 7 days a week: 7am to 10pm CT or call 1.800.227.7776 anytime